Calculating Azure Migration Savings: TCO Essentials
In today's dynamic business landscape, cloud migration has become a strategic move for many organizations seeking to enhance efficiency and reduce costs. Microsoft Azure, a prominent cloud platform, offers a lot of benefits. So the first question that crops in your mind is how can you accurately estimate the potential cost savings before making the BIG leap.
The ANSWER is the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Calculator and explores how to calculate to grasp various cost aspects of your Azure migration.
1. Take Stock of Your Current Setup which includes servers, storage, networking gear, and software licenses. This is your baseline.
2. Crunch the Numbers for Azure Research and estimate the costs of the Azure services you plan to use. which you can identify in the other blog by using the other Microsoft Tool Azure Pricing Calculator.
3. Factor in Migration Costs tied to the migration process itself.
4. Consider Ongoing Operational Expenses that factor in ongoing operational costs, such as Azure subscription fees, support, maintenance, and monitoring.
5. Think About Performance and Scalability by evaluating the potential for improved performance and scalability in Azure compared to your current setup.
6. Beware of Data Transfer Costs: Be aware of data transfer expenses when moving data to and from Azure and between Azure regions.
you also need to consider some additional costs for data transfer, security, and Compliance, Training your team with the skills to build and manage the Azure services, Cost Projections, etc.
You can access the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Calculator using the (Link). Once you visit the link click on the 'Start assessment' button to start working on it.
Finally, compare the TCO of your current setup to the projected TCO in Azure. This will give you a clear picture of potential savings and return on investment (ROI).
Estimating TCO is a refinement process, and savings will vary based on your organization's unique needs and circumstances. Utilize tools like Microsoft's TCO Calculator and consult with Azure experts for a more precise assessment. Cloud migration can be transformative, but ensuring it aligns with your business objectives is key.